We are very excited to announce that Patrick Johnson, RPR’s CEO and Founder, will be co-hosting AWE Nite SF all-new virtual event called XR & Accessibility on July 23rdj at 1pm PST!
The virtual event will take place in AltspaceVR and can be found here:
From avatar design and hardware costs to machine learning algorithms and the teams behind them, this month’s event aims to outline the actions we as the AR and VR community need to take so that this next wave of computing is truly accessible and inclusive to everyone.
Please note: Registering for this free event does not guarantee a spot in the AltspaceVR meeting room. AltspaceVR has a maximum limit and attendees will be admitted on a first-come-first-serve basis. We will be making best attempts to record this event to make a video available to those that are unable to make it in AltspaceVR.
1:00pm PST: AltspaceVR room opens
1:05-1:15pm PST: Welcome and Opening Remarks
– Patrick Johnson, Co-organizer, CEO & Founder, Rock Paper Reality
– Mike Boland, Co-organizer, Chief Analyst, ARtillery Intelligence & Editor, AR Insider
1:15-1:25pm PST: Presentation on AltspaceVR’s new Avatar Designs
– Kevin Appel – Senior Technical Artist at Microsoft, AR/VR
Read more on this here: https://altvr.com/new-avatars-coming-soon/
1:25-1:50pm PST: Panel Discussion – XR and Accessibility
– Christopher Lafayette – Founder of HoloPractice & Founder of The Black Technology Mentorship Program
– Bill Curtis-Davidson – Senior Consultant – Emerging Technology Accessibility at Wheelhouse Group & XR Access Working Group Leader
– Kai Frazier – CEO & Founder, Kai XR
– Adaora Udoji – Corporate Innovation Executive, RLab
1:50-2:00pm PST: Virtual Networking
Attend the XR Access Symposium
July 20 & 21, 2020 (Virtual Event)
The 2020 XR Access Symposium is reviewing the state of the XR field, celebrating a year of progress toward accessibility, and taking steps toward a more inclusive future. The 2-day event will include a series of virtual talks, tech demos, and breakout sessions. You can find more information about the agenda, speakers, and breakout sessions and register at https://xraccess.org/symposium/